The Group of Language Technology is working at the Institute of Computer Science of the University of Tartu. Together with computational linguists from Institute of Estonian and General Linguistics we form the (informal) Research Group of Computational Linguistics. Current research main streams: target financed theme SF0180078s08 (2008-2013) Formalisms and efficient algorithms of natural language processing and their implementation for the Estonian language >> Centre of Excellence in Computer Science.
- 2nd European and the 5th Nordic Symposium on Multimodal Communication in Tartu. August, 6-8, 2014.
- 7th International Conference on Global WordNet in Tartu. January, 25-29, 2014.
- Visitors from the University of Ulm on March, 20, 2013. Presentations 1) Florian Nothdurft: Trust and Explanations in Human-Computer Interaction. 2) Prof. Wolfgang Minker: Spoken Dialogue in Technical Companion Systems.
- Prof Bipin Indurkhya (Hyderabad, Krakow). Lecture on February, 25, 2013 Perceptual Similarity, Visual Metaphor and Creativity. See also http://www.humanamente.eu/Interviews.html
- The Fifth International Conference Human Language Technologies - The Baltic Perspective. October, 4-5, 2012 in Tartu.
- Course MTAT.06.035 Multimodal Dialogues: Collection, Analysis, and Use. Dr Kristiina Jokinen (University of Helsinki, visiting professor of the University of Tartu), February 13-17, 2012.
- Course MTAT.06.044 Building a Cloud Computing Application for Text Processing. Dr Graham Wilcock (University of Helsinki), October 24-28, 2011.
- The Ninth International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories - TLT, 3-4 December 2010, University of Tartu.
- Course MTAT.06.043 Affective interaction - issues, methods and models. Dr. Kristiina Jokinen (University of Helsinki, visiting professor of the University of Tartu), October 19-22, 2010.
- Course MTAT.06.039 Challenges of Spoken Dialogue Systems, Dr. Kristiina Jokinen (University of Helsinki, visiting professor of the University of Tartu), May 3-7, 2010.
- Course MTAT.06.042 Statistical Natural Language Processing with Java, Dr. Graham Wilcock (University of Helsinki), March 8-12, 2010.
2009 - ..
- Course MTAT.06.039 Evaluation of Advanced Dialogue Systems, Dr. Kristiina Jokinen, visiting professor of the University of Tartu, May 4-8, 2009.
- Course MTAT.06.042 Statistical Natural Language Processing with Java, Dr. Graham Wilcock (University of Helsinki), October 20-24, 2008.
- NODALIDA-2007 in Tartu, May 24-26, 2007
- Second Lübeck-Tartu Workshop on Informatics in Tartu, September 26-27, 2006
- Course on Spoken Dialogue Management (Kristiina Jokinen/University of Helsinki), April 6-12, 2006
- Course on Attempto Controlled English (Norbert Fuchs/Zurich University), November 7-11, 2005
- Second Baltic Conference on HUMAN LANGUAGE TECHNOLOGIES April 4 - 5, 2005, Tallinn, ESTONIA
- Course Human-Computer Dialogue Processing (Professor Yorick Wilks/University of Sheffield), February 21-25, 2005 Slides
- Nordic Language Technology Visit to the Balticum (October, 28, 2004 in Tartu) Presentation (.ppt) Pictures
Summer School "Empirical Methods in Natural
Language Processing" in Tartu, August, 9-15, 2004
Professors: Karin Harbusch (Germany) and Martin Volk (Sweden).