I am an Assistant Professor of Distributed Systems Group, a member of Mobile & Cloud Lab, Institute of Computer Science, University of Tartu, since Aug 2021. Before this, I joined Mobile & Cloud Lab as a Researcher.
In Fall 2013, I joined Future Ubiquitous Networking (FUN) Lab at Chang Gung University as a Master student under Prof. Prasan Kumar Sahoo. The lab is now changed to Artificial intelligence and Big data Computing (ABC) Lab.
In Fall 2014, I upgrade the Master program to PhD program at the Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering at CGU.
Get my CV from here.
|Sept 2013 ~ Jan 2019||:||Ph.D. in Computer Science and Information Engineering, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan|
|Thesis title: Scheduling and Resource Management Algorithms for Cloud Computing.|
|Supervisor: Prof. Prasan Kumar Sahoo|
|Aug 2010 ~ July 2013||:||Master in Computer Application, Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Odisha, India|
|Thesis title: Implementation of Radix sort in binary number system.|
|Supervisor: Dr. Rudramohan Tripathy|
|Aug 2006 ~ June 2009||:||Bachelor in computer Application, Sambalpur University, Odisha , India|
1. DevOps: Automating Software Delivery and Operations (LTAT.06.015)
2. Scheduling in Distributed Systems: Theory and Practices (LTAT.06.024)
3. Cloud Computing (LTAT.06.008)
4. Mobile and Cloud Computing Seminar (MTAT.03.280)
Edge - Cloud Computing: My research mainly focused on Virtual Network Embedding (VNE) problem, where I have studied the optimization problem of resource utilization research issue. I focus on the application of different mathematical tools such as graph theory, Hidden Markov Model (HMM) to improve the embedding solution. Besides I focus on resource allocation, network-aware resource scheduling, resource-intensive job scheduling, virtual resource migration cost analysis, server load balancing, power management, fault tolerance analysis.
Edge Intelligence: Integration of fog and cloud computing. Computation offloading to Cloud, job migration between cloud and fog computing. Edge Intelligence, Cluster Edge Intelligence (CEI), Edge intelligence with Blockchain (#Blockchain-lite, #Blockchain@Edge)
Internet of Things: In conjunction with cloud computing, I am focusing on the combination of IoT world and the cloud environment. latency-aware job scheduling, bandwidth-aware job scheduling, IoT service management in cloud are some of the research issues I have studied.
Application of AI in Edge-Cloud computing: AI enabled Cloud resource management, resource demand prediction in cloud, , Pre-VNE based on workload prediction. pro-active AI enabled resource failure prediction in Fog and Cloud.
Smart Environment = Smart home + Smart building + smart city
Intelligence discoverability and observability in edge infrastructure
It is predicted by Gartner that 50% of the enterprise-generated data will be created and processed in the edge infrastructure comprised of ever-increasing billions of edge devices. Instead of implementing the intelligence in the cloud environment giving the full responsibility to manage a large number of edge devices, a minimal and required intelligence is imposed on the edge devices, enabling the edge intelligence that works in a master-worker approach. The major problem with this approach is that an edge device relies mostly on the data collected by the onboard sensors and the built-in or cloud-instructed intelligence, resulting in little scope for cooperation and collaboration among peers and hence no device-to-device knowledge transfer. read more....
- Journal of King Saud University - Computer and Information Sciences, SI - Learning-driven Data Fabric Trends and Challenges for Cloud-to-Thing Continuum (submit your article) (more info)
- Electronics, MDPI, Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence Technologies and Applications (pdf)
- [CLOSED] Wiley International Journal of Network Management (IJNM) - SI: Learning-driven Ubiquitous Mobile Edge Computing: Network Management Challenges for Future Generation IoT ( CFP )
- [CLOSED] Computer Communications - SI title: Ambient Intelligence in Communication, Computation and Networking for Future Internet of Things
- Data Science Week 2023 (World Conference on Data Science & Statistics)
Technical Committee (TPC) Member
- The Third Intelligent Cybersecurity Conference (ICSC2023)
- IEEE R10 HTC (Humanitarian Technology Conference) 2023 [EDAS]
- International Conference on Electronic Information Technology and Computer Science, China
Other Academic Activities
- Doctoral Progress Committee (DPC) member at L. D. College of Engineering, Gujarat Technological University (GTU), Since 2023
- Member of Admission committee of the second level of higher education (MS), ICS, UT, 2023/24
Invited Talks/Workshops/Training programs
- Invited Lecture, “Harmonizing Diversity across Edge-Cloud Computing Continuum”, School of Computer and Information Sciences, University of Hyderabad, 21st July 2023 11:00 AM-1:00 PM, Online and Offline, Host: IEEE Hyderabad Section
- Invited Lecture, International Workshop on Edge Computing, “Harmonizing Diversity across Edge-Cloud Computing Continuum”, College of Smart Computing, COER University, 25 July 2023, 2 hours.
- Invited Lecture, International Workshop on Edge Computing, “Mastering Git: Unlocking the Power of Version Control for Seamless Collaboration”, College of Smart Computing, COER University, 26 July 2023, 2 hours.
- Keynote Speaker, Guest of Honor, TEQIP Sponsored Training Program on “Fundamentals of Openstack and Containers in Cloud Technology”, Poojya Doddappa Appa (PDA) College of Engineering, Kalaburagi, Karnataka, 23 March 2021
- Resource person, TEQIP Sponsored Training Program on “Fundamentals of Openstack and Containers in Cloud Technology”, Poojya Doddappa Appa (PDA) College of Engineering, Kalaburagi, Karnataka, 23-25 March 2021
- Memeber of Research Data Alliance (RDA)
- IEEE Membership - Since Jan 2020
- IEEE Young Professionals - Since Jan 2021
- IEEE Computer Society Technical Community on Cloud Computing - Since Jan 2021
- IEEE Internet of Things Community - since Jan 2023
- IEEE Computer Society Technical Community on Security and Privacy - Since Jan 2021
- ACM India Member - Since Nov 2020
Important Links (complete list)